Excitement is all around with the kickstart of the college football season! Especially since this is Reinhardt’s first football season ever! GO EAGLES! Since football is a new addition on campus, many people aren’t too sure what to make of it. There is, however, a sad fact that has become obvious – Reinhardt University does not have many number one fans.
How can the Eagles dominate the field if there aren’t enough obnoxiously passionate fans to support them all the way to the end? How can the Eagles massacre their opponents if there are no number one fans yelling, “ONWARD TO VICTORY!” or “GO EAGLES!!” as motivation?
Certainly, there are many seeking to become the Eagles’ #1 fan, but no one really knows how to reach that majestic status – Number 1 Fan…
The process is not as daunting as it seems.
There are 10 steps to become a #1 fan:
- The first thing is to have faith in your team. No matter how many times the Eagles lose, they are STILL winners to you!
- Attend every game that you can, even if it means you have to hide in the luggage as the team travels. You can’t support your team if you are not there! Plus, number one fans are a bit obsessed, that’s why they have their high fan status.
- Wear your team colors, preferably every day. However, if you don’t have enough blue and gold for daily wear, just make sure you have those colors on visible parts of your body on game day.
- Dye your hair blue and gold. No one said it would be easy to become a #1 fan! You get extra points for using permanent dye, but you can just get hair chalk for easy removal.
- BODY PAINT! (‘Nough said…)
- Make signs depicting your eagle pride, or bring one or two of those foam hands – you know the ones!
- Bring noisy objects: bells, megaphones for awesome yelling, drums, trumpets, big mouths, and anything else that could wake your favorite team if you sense that players are falling asleep on the field.
- Pay attention to the cheerleaders! They are there to refuel your team spirit! If you hear them yell, “BLUUUUUUUUUUE and GOOOOOOOOOLD!”, don’t let them make fools of themselves! Join in and make as much noise as possible! CHEER YOUR TEAM ONWARD TO VICOTY!
- Bring a picture-taking device so that you can record every glorious moment of the game! The pictures that you can keep are the ultimate #1 fan reward, because they last forever!
- Finally, come early! Feel free to play a drum or some really loud music that glorifies your team! This will help you to get a good seat – so that you can be front and center of all the action! If possible, get a chair and place it right in the middle of the field, then you’ll be part of the action! It doesn’t get better than that!
Now that you’ve been equipped with the tools to become a #1 fan, go little Eagle, spread your wings and fly! Lead your team to victory!
Vanessa Irie, Sports Editor