The military is a tough place to be, and that includes basic training. Fortunately, the military has made it easier for recruits these days by providing them with watches so they can keep accurate track of time. These watches are durable and have been tested to be waterproof. All of this means recruits have less to worry about so they can concentrate on their training.
The 3 Best Watches for Army Basic Training
When you’re living at your barracks and you’re not allowed to leave the base, the only way you can know what time it is and how long you’ve been out of bed is if you have a watch! Watches are a great way to keep track of time and know when your next sleep is. There are so many great watches out there, but I wanted to share my favorite three best watches for army basic training.
- Casio G-Shock Watch– this is a very high-quality timepiece with a battery that lasts up to 10 years.
- Timex Weekender Watch– this is a classic style with a leather strap that goes with any outfit.
- Timex Iron man– this is a classic style with a leather strap that goes with any outfit. Constructed of durable stainless steel and a dial with Arabic numerals and Indiglo night-light for easy reading. Water-resistant to 30 meters and has a limited lifetime warranty.
There are different features that you may want to pay attention to before picking the best one for you. Here are a few of the most important ones.
- Battery life– you don’t want to buy a watch only to find out it dies within a week.
- The price– if you’re on a tight budget, it’s important to find a watch that fits your budget.
- The strap– the strap may not seem like an important factor, but it can make or break your watch. You want one that is durable, but not too uncomfortable.
Why Do They Matter?
First of all, you will be faced with a lot of tasks during Basic Training. You will be doing PT in the morning before breakfast, drill with the DI in the afternoon, and studying in the evening. I know these are not all equally important, but they are still significant in terms of the amount of time that is demanded of you.
For example, you could get a watch that has an alarm feature. Alarms are incredibly helpful when you are in Basic Training because they can help remind you to do your tasks.
How to Care for Your Watch during Army Basic Training
Most people who are in the military will not see the need to even think about caring for their watch. This is a good idea because of all the time constraints they face on a daily basis. We will give you some suggestions on how to care for your watch while you are in the armed forces.
- Preventing from damage from scratches
- Keep a soft cloth handy to wipe down your watch after every use.
- Keep away from harsh chemicals or liquids.
- Protect from extreme heat and cold.
- Keep your watch away from dirt and water.
- Protect from dust and sand by keeping your watch in a sealable container.
Army training is stressful and difficult, but having the right watch on your wrist while you’re attaining your personal best can give you an extra little nudge to keep going. While it’s a little late in the game for you to be making this decision, we are sure others are still in the process of deciding what kind of watch will soon be keeping track of their time in basic training.