How to open a fruit juice or smoothie bar, fixed or mobile? What budget to plan and what equipment? What standards and regulations must be respected? Which legal status to choose? Fruit juices and smoothies meet the demand for quick but healthy consumption. Riding on this trend, many entrepreneurs are embarking on creating juice and smoothie bars. Here are the essential elements you need to have to open a juice bar in the best conditions:
- An excellent relationship,
- An effective concept addressing one or more well-defined targets (women, athletes, students, active people in a hurry, etc.),
- A promising location, if possible, very busy and as close as possible to your target,
- Suitable equipment,
- Comfortable and cozy decor.
Here’s everything you need to know to create a juice bar!
Opening a Juice Bar: The Market and Trends
The consumption of fruit juices has continued to develop since the 1980s. The people’s passion for fruit juices has grown with the search for a better-balanced diet. A person consumes an average of 22 liters of fruit juice per year, which represents a market of 2 billion dollars. For starting a juice business, you need to be calculative.
The main trends in the fruit juice market are as follows:
- The search for new tastes and new associations,
- The craze for healthy products,
- The strong growth of organic,
- The ultra-rapid development of the vegan niche,
- The attraction for eco-responsible and fair trade products,
- The demand for transparency on the origin of ingredients,
- The draw for on-site preparation,
- The declination in plastic packaging and the arrival of alternatives to traditional straws.
In addition, the boom in the smoothie market is confirmed. Widely consumed by urban women, these beverages combining fruits and vegetables highlight various benefits: slimming, detox, energy booster, healthy glow, tanning activator, healthy hair, etc.
Create In Franchise Or Without Franchise?
Opening a fruit juice or smoothie bar as a franchise has many advantages: brand awareness, rates negotiated with suppliers, installation support, turnkey communication strategy, or even better anticipation of risks. If you are interested in franchising, be aware that in most cases, you will have to pay entry fees, in addition to the annual fee and the minimum personal contribution.
Beyond the identity of each network, the supply of juices and smoothies varies widely from one brand to another. If your concept is original, you can create your juice bar without a franchise. Your bar will have to bring out your personality: customers will come for your products, the atmosphere, and you.
Conclusion: Which Diploma And Which Training To Open A Juice Bar?
It is quite possible to open a juice bar without a diploma. However, if you plan to sell smoothies or cocktails that you make yourself, it is better to do bartending, mixology, or cocktail training. Note that your activity will be of a commercial and artisanal nature if you make juice yourself for immediate consumption or offer take-out or delivery: your contact person will then be the Chamber of Trades and Crafts. If you do not produce yourself and do not offer take-out sales, your activity will be purely commercial.