On your own, with a teacher or at the music academy – there are many options to learn to play the piano, so you will have to choose one. Nevertheless, how do you choose the best way to learn piano? It is probably the first question that comes to your mind.
We will not keep you waiting; we can tell you the answer right now – there is no miracle. It all depends on your ambition, motivation, way of working, musical knowledge, and budget.
How do you learn music theory?
Solfeggio (using sol-fa syllables to note scale tones) is not that difficult. Once we learn it, the process will be more straightforward. You will already have become familiar with the basics in some piano lessons. You will then be able to progress with ease as you play the piano. We suggest some possibilities –
- On your own: a suitable method, a metronome, a little diligence, and perseverance will allow you to start in Solfeggio in a self-taught way.
- With a private teacher:your piano teacher can help you get started in music theory during your music classes. Together with the practice of a piece, some exercises will gradually teach you Solfeggio.
- In music schools: group theory classes will allow you to understand it better, read music and even read a score: writing, reading, dictation of notes.
The fastest and most efficient way
It is never too late to learn to play the piano, whether you are a kid or an adult, beginner or experienced. The teacher will guide you, and it will be personalized guidance. Choosing a good piano school is crucial if you want to learn piano in a musical school. If you wish, you can learn piano with Norcal Music & Arts Center, one of the leading names in teaching piano.
A piano teacher should be a guide that allows you to achieve your goals. Besides being a guide, a private piano teacher is also a person who will motivate you, which is necessary. The teacher will also be able to convey to you his enthusiasm for music. There is nothing more effective in motivating someone than a passionate teacher.
What should you ask yourself?
To choose a good piano teacher, you first have to ask yourself the following questions –
- What are the basic notions that I know?
- What are my strengths and weaknesses?
- How can I learn to play the piano?
- What aspects would I like to work on first (Solfeggio, technique, musical style)?
- Why do I want to learn piano?
- What are my goals?
- What is my motivation?
- When can I practice?
In the end
If you have the answers to these questions, it will be easier to find the teacher that best suits you. For learning to be the best possible, clearly explain to your teacher from the beginning the reasons that have led you to learn piano. This way, you can define a work plan together.